課程名稱: 社會學概論 (INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY)
授課教師姓名及職稱: Christina Vasapoli, Professor
適合修習對象: Undergraduate students need to get credits for sociology courses.
1. Understand the main concepts, issues, theoretical perspectives and methods used in the discipline.
2. Have a sufficiently developed sociological imagination or understanding of the relationship between the individual and society.
3. Deepen your understanding of American culture and analyze other societies from the viewpoint of cultural relativism: recognizing that every culture is unique and valid rather than judging cultural variations from an ethnocentric perspective.
4. Appreciate the importance of empirical evidence to support arguments and assertions.
週次1: (遠距教學)The Sociological Perspective and application; What is Culture? The Elements of Culture I; Cultural Diversity; Culture and Human Freedom.
週次2: (遠距教學)Gerhard Lenski: Society and Technology; Karl Marx: Society and Conflict; Max Weber: The Rationalization of Society ; Emile Durkheim: Society and Function ; Four Visions of Society; Social Experience; Understanding Socialization; Agents of Socialization; Socialization and the Life Course; Resocialization.
週次3: (遠距教學)Social Structure and Role; The Social Construction of Reality; Interaction in Everyday Life; Social Groups; Formal Organizations; The Future of Organizations; Understanding Sexuality; Sexuality Attitudes in the United States; Sexual Orientation; Sexual Issues and Controversies.
週次4: (遠距教學)Global Stratification; Global Wealth and Poverty; Global Stratification: Theoretical Analysis; Graying of the United States; Growing Old: Biology and Culture; Transitions and Challenges of Aging; Theoretical Analysis of Aging; Death and Dying.
週次5: (遠距教學)Social Structure and Role; The Social Construction of Reality; Interaction in Everyday Life; Social Groups; Formal Organizations; The Future of Organizations; Understanding Sexuality; Sexuality Attitudes in the United States; Sexual Orientation; Sexual Issues and Controversies.
- ☑ 提供線上課程主要及補充教材
- ☑ 提供線上非同步教學
- ☑ 有線上教師或線上助教
- ☑ 提供線上同步教學，次數：5次，總時數：5小時
- ☑ 個人資料
- ☑ 課程資訊
- ☑ 其他相關資料管理功能
- ☑ 最新消息發佈、瀏覽
- ☑ 教材內容設計、觀看、下載
- ☑ 成績系統管理及查詢
- ☑ 進行線上測驗、發佈
- ☑ 互動式學習設計(聊天室或討論區)
- Exams: There will be four exams over the four week term. The exams will be worth 90% of your grade.
- Attendance and Participation: The remaining 10% of the student’s grade will be determined by participation in online discussions.
- Feng Chia University defines academic misconduct as any act by a student that misrepresents the students’ own academic work or that compromises the academic work of another scholastic misconduct includes (but is not limited to) cheating on assignments or examinations; plagiarizing, i.e. misrepresenting as one’s own work any work done by another; submitting the same paper, or substantially similar papers, to meet the requirements of more than one course without the approval and consent of the instructors concerned; sabotaging another’s work within these general definitions, however, Instructors determine what constitutes academic misconduct in the courses they teach. Students found guilty of academic misconduct in any portion of the academic work face penalties ranging from lowering of their course grade to awarding a grade of E for the entire course.